Join the Shore Lab Discovery Center Family
We are all volunteers at Shore Lab Discovery Center. Volunteers help us in every aspect of our operation and most importantly they are our ambassadors to the public. We seek volunteers who are enthusiastic, dedicated, and embrace a challenge. In exchange, we guarantee you a great work environment and plenty of benefits. You don't have to be an expert. Our expert staff will teach you what you need to know to succeed. Becoming a volunteer requires a commitment on your part. We ask that you read our volunteer criteria and review our openings. When making application specify the volunteer opening that is the best match for you. If you enjoy learning, life on a Tall Ship and want to help in education, research, protecting our planets vital resources or environmental film please consider one of our current volunteer opportunities.
1. You must be at least 18 years of age (Exception: High school students who are in study programs from participating schools).
2. Willing to commit to a full year of volunteering.
3. Be capable of volunteering 3-4 hours per week.
4. All applicants who wish to volunteer in a dive program must have American Academy of Underwater Sciences certification with 30 logged dives.
5. All accepted applicants must be available to attend orientation, training and volunteer meetings.
6. Most importantly, you are representing Shore Lab Discovery Center and we expect you to be dependable, professional and friendly.
Volunteer Fund Raiser
he main responsibilities for the volunteer fund raiser is to assist our development group in support of their fund raising activities.
Fund Raiser Requirements
1. Assist our development group in a support capacity to prepare materials for corporate, government and individuals donors.
2. Assist our development group in fund-raising drives, help organize other volunteers.
3. Persuasive ability to convince others of the worthiness of our cause.
4. Ability to assist in writing compelling grants and presentations.
5. Conduct mass mailing.
6. Knowledge of finance and tax laws a plus.
7. Must possess excellent communication skills.
8. Ability to work well with others.
9. Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
Volunteer Social Media Specialist
The main responsibilities for the volunteer social media specialist is for the ongoing management and growth of our social media presence.
Social Media Specialist Requirements
1. Candidate must have extensive experience and knowledge of social media tools and techniques.
2. Currently an active participant in social media activities like blogging, social networking website, etc.
3. Ability to structure a social media strategy.
4. Continuous update our social media sites.
5. Educate the team on the need to incorporate relevant thought into our social media.
6. Monitor the impact of our social media.
7. Creative thinking, good marketing and communication skills.
For additional information please contact us by going to the program information menu and select volunteer from the drop down list and and request additional information or a call back.
Do not apply if you are fulfilling community service hours or if you are looking for short-term or summer employment opportunity. We simply do not have the resources.